Monday
November
24
2014
1:25 pm
Weather
  Search Again
  Home
  Local News
  State / National / World
  Sports
  Opinion / Letters
  Business
  Arts / Entertainment
  Lifestyle
  Obituaries
  Calendar
  Submit Event
  Comics / Games
  DJ Designers
  Archives
  Advertise With Us
  About Us
 
City moving ahead with hotel project
February 26, 2013, 05:00 AM By Heather Murtagh Daily Journal Staff

San Bruno officials will consider whether a 131-room lifestyle hotel with 3,000 square feet of meeting space is the right fit for the city Tuesday before starting exclusive negotiating rights with the developer.

The Crossing hotel site is the last vacant parcel within the 20-acre master planned development, according to a staff report by City Manager Connie Jackson. Last year, the city purchased the vacant lot south of Jack's Restaurant, 1050 Admiral Court, and north of Interstate 380 to ensure it was developed in a way that benefits the city. In October, San Bruno issued a request for proposals to develop the site. Five developers applied. On Tuesday, staff will share information about the proposals including recommending that the city move forward in negotiations with OTO Development which suggests building a Marriott Springhill Suites, Jackson wrote.

"We are very excited," Mayor Jim Ruane said about getting to this point.

Ruane said the project was sidelined for some time due to the economic environment. Now the proposal before the council offers a plan with amenities for meetings and gatherings


Print this Page Print this Page |  Bookmark and Share
<< Back
 
  


 
You are in the Archives

Exit
  RSS feed RSS
Daily Journal Quick Poll
 
What do you think of President Obama's expansive executive actions on immigration unveiled Thursday?

About time
He had no choice after congressional inaction
He should have waited for new congressional legislation
Don't like it at all
Prospects for broader action are now eliminated
 
 
 

 
 
  
 
  
 
 
 
 
©2014 Daily Journal - San Mateo County’s homepage